Our 50-seat black box theater is host to established plays, new original works, staged readings, film and musical performances.
The studio hosts a variety of classes & workshops including: cold reading, scene study, character development, voice, monologue, on-camera, improvisation, and musical theater.
We provide a forum for local playwrights to present their work to live audiences for evaluation and feedback throughout the play development process.
WHAT'S ON THE HORIZON
March 25, Saturday 10:00am - Improvisation Class
March 26, Sunday 3:00pm - Trilogy of Films - Mother Earth's Life in the Cosmos -
Tom Kenyon's - Song of The New Earth
March 27, Monday 6:30pm - Writers & Actors INK
March 28, Tuesday 7:00pm - Scene Study Class - Performance
April 2, Sunday 3:00pm - Trilogy of Films - Mother Earth's Life in the Cosmos -
Carol Hart's - For The Next Seven Generations
April 10, Saturday 10:00am - NSRTC - stay tuned for details
April 15, Saturday 7:00pm - Full Moon Story Slam, Theme: What A Difference A Day Makes
April 17, Monday 7:00pm - So You Want To Sing! Class - Performance
April 21-23, Friday, Saturday 8:00pm Sunday 5:00pm - New plays by local 'weekend writers'
WHAT ELSE TO LOOK OUT FOR IN 2017
- Thursday Night Story Slams - for developing story telling skills. Three Thursday, no-judging, story slams will be sprinkled throughout 2017
- Verse Theatre - Peter Fulton brings his performance oriented poetry to life in four presentations throughout the year
- 'Breaking The Glass Ceiling' - original plays written and directed by women. Originally scheduled for March, being rescheduled. Please stay tuned for new dates.
- North Shore Readers Theatre Collaborative - will present five concert style readings of new plays in our ongoing, new play develpment program. Our ninth year! 2nd Saturday, 10am: March, April, May, September and November 2017
- A collection of new short pays by local playwrights
- Stage Three Workshop Productions of new original One Act Plays
- Mainstage production of a well known Comedy
- Moliere in English, September 2017 - a play or plays by The Master of Farce
- A collaborative theatrical production with Steven Haley
- Tales From The Crypt, April 21, 22 & 23, 2017 - plays by Jack Rushton
- The Imposter Syndrome, July 28-August 6, 2017 - a new play by Nick Hennesey
CLASSES AND WORKSHOPS:
- Improvisation with Marc Clopton and Charles Van Eman,
7pm Monday's Feb 13, April 24, May 15 & Saturday March 25 10am-1pm
- Voice and body development with Deborah Kinghom
- A workshop with renowned theatre artist, Jean-Cleaude Van Itallie
- Scene Study Class with Charles Van Eman
- So You Want to Sing! class with Allyn Gamble and Martha Peabody
- Script Analysis with Marc Clopton and Charles Van Eman
Enjoy watching some of our past performances TASN Past Performances on YouTube
Be a part of our future! Thank you for making possible our 2014 BONS (Best of North Shore) award for "Best Small Live Venue". As we build on our accomplishments, we look to the future with a great sense of excitement and purpose. We would not be where we are without your generous support. On behalf of myself, and our Board of Directors, I invite you to be a part of our future by contributing to our 2016 Annual Appeal. PayPal .
View Full Appeal Letter here
Please click here on TASN or mail your check to:
The Actors Studio of Newburyport, The Tannery Marketplace, 50 Water St., Newburyport, MA 01950